And to think it all began with The Church Without Pants

Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Continuing Adventures of Bohu and Tohu (E3)








Bohu and Tohu* talk about the proper use of FACTS

B:            Why so sad, Tohu?

T:            Research continues to show that my facts are wrong

B:            That’s easy to fix. Just say “FACT” at the start of each sentence. Use big letters when you speak or write. This establishes your knowledge and authority on whatever the subject is.

T:            But the facts aren’t true.

B:            It is true that your so-called facts are purely fictional, but “FACTS” are the same fictions that sound true because you said, “FACT.” A FACT can be literally anything, but the best FACT is something that’s really close to the truth.

T:            I want to write this down. Let me have your pen?

B:            (Hands Tohu a pen)

T:            (Writes) The best FACT is that which is closest to the truth …       

B:            Can I have my pen back?
 
T:            What pen?

B:            The pen in your hand!

T:            FACT, this is my pen. You gave it to me.

B:            Aarrrgh!

Blah, blah, blah

And so it goes ... until

nothing

ever

really

changes.

Again.

*The words Bohu and Tohu are derived from Hebrew characters found in the creation story. These characters are frequently translated as "Formless and Void" and describe the empty emptiness of the earth prior to the acts of creation. I imagine the personifications of these characters have been around for at least that long, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my posts. I will receive a message that you've sent a comment but I get to approve what actually gets posted. So, even though you are allowed to make fun of me, remember I have final say on what gets posted. If you are posting as "Anonymous" please include your name in your post so I know who you are. Thanks again and happy reading!