And to think it all began with The Church Without Pants

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Continuing Adventures of Bohu and Tohu (E2)





Boho and Tohu talk about a strategy to seize the political immunity idol

B:            Let’s create a dilemma.

T:            And let’s use some loophole so we can blame it on someone else.

B:            We’ve got to make sure the dilemma stirs people’s hearts.

T:            An important cause …

B:            A “morality” issue …

T:            And then I can offer a nonsensical solution …

B:            And people will cheer even though it doesn’t fix anything …

T:            Because at least we're trying to do something

B:            Unlike those who "created" the dilemma (wink wink)

T:            And I’ll be a hero!

B:            Wait, did I just hear you say that you will offer a solution and that you will be the hero?

T:            Well, yes, of course, I'll be the hero. Did you really think I'd let anyone else be the hero?

B:            But I wanted to be the hero! It’s MY turn to be the hero!!!

T:             (Thumbs his nose at B)

B:            And besides, your solution is a load of f'ing nonsensical BS !&%%!!

Blah, blah, blah

And so it goes … until

nothing

ever

really

happens.


The words Bohu and Tohu are derived from Hebrew characters found in the creation story. These characters are frequently translated as "Formless and Void" and describe the empty emptiness of the earth prior to the acts of creation. While the earth is no longer a vast empty emptiness, we still find ample evidence of the personifications of Bohu and Tohu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my posts. I will receive a message that you've sent a comment but I get to approve what actually gets posted. So, even though you are allowed to make fun of me, remember I have final say on what gets posted. If you are posting as "Anonymous" please include your name in your post so I know who you are. Thanks again and happy reading!